Contract Videographer: Social Content
If you are looking for contract (part-time, flexible hours) work in the Central Texas area (New Braunfels, TX) and you are an incredible digital videographer with a sense of what works on TikTok/YouTube Shorts then we want to talk to you.
What You’ll Be Doing
Record the best quality footage on location in New Braunfels, TX and work with an amazingly funny client to deliver hilarious “day-in-the-life” content for our client’s social channels.
Some minor editing may be required, along with posting to social channels.
What you won’t do:
- Work with us full time
- Developing (writing) content
- Be featured in content
In this role, you will:
- Share your availability with our team and the client
- Agree to a pre-determined schedule of engagements (most frequently Monday – Wednesday)
- Familiarize yourself with client’s personality and successful content on client’s social media platforms (spending time with client)
- Record superb video for social media, Youtube content, marketing videos that is ready to go without need for significant editing/adjustments
- Be “at the ready” for recording “day in the life of” spontaneous content
- Take feedback on board and constantly improve
- Bonus if you have your own equipment
- Bonus if you can edit videos
- 10% Travel: That’s right! You may be asked to travel with the client to capture behind the scenes footage
What does doing a great job look like?
- Perfect reliability. If you say you will be there, you are there… 10 minutes early
- Proactive communication – the client has a fleet of projects in motion, so people who take initiative will stand out
- Excellent videography (this goes without saying) – our videos look and sound superb
- You elevate our client from good to great, with suggestions on how we can make our client look better
- You will be available to occasionally travel with the client (scheduled in advance)
- Your warm and welcoming presence puts our client at ease knowing that “you got this”
You’ll love this role if:
- You love meeting new people and working closely within a high-energy culture
- You thrive in a world that includes ambiguity
- You’re quick thinking and quick to take action
- Digital & social media gets you excited
- You are looking to expand the pool of clients you work with as a contractor
- You have a good sense of humor and, not easily offended
You’ll dislike this role if:
- You are looking for a full-time position
- You want predictable ‘always the same’ work
- You cannot commit to a flexible engagement schedule
- You want to work in a 100% predictable environment
- You’re intimidated by high-profile guests
- You panic when settings glitch out
- You’re easily offended
What you’ve probably done:
- Worked as a videographer for 2+ years for great digital projects (e.g. social, Youtube, podcasts, live streams)
- Have a portfolio that captures the attention of everyone who watches it
Work With Us
This isn’t your average corporate job. You’ll have loads of autonomy within a culture of feedback and collaboration. We leave our egos at the door and help one another thrive. We’re privately owned, so we call the shots, and we’re always striving to make this a great place to work.
We’re confident this will be some of the most enjoyable work you do in your career.
This is a contractor role paying $35 / hour with a minimum session length of 3 hours.
Please submit your resume, along with any portfolio/social links you feel are relevant to the role to: firstname.lastname@example.org